Junior Achievement Seeks Volunteers
At our September 18, 2013 lunch program, Justine Januszkiewicz, Education and Public Relations Manager for Junion Achievement of WNY encouraged us to become volunteers for this worthy organization. There are three ways to help:
- Traditional JA Classroom Volunteer - choose a class off the list of programs K-12, flexible schedule of 5-7 lessons, dates set up between volunteer and teacher (traditionally once a week).
- Classroom Volunteer prior to Stock Market Challenge - volunteers are asked to present one, 40 minute lesson sometime in the fall to help student teams prepare for the JA Stock Market Challenge.
- JA Stock Market Challenge event volunteer - be a "trader" on the floor of this live simulation stock market experience - following the training which prepares teams for this event.
Please contact Justine at 716.853.1381, ext 15 or firstname.lastname@example.org. for more information or to volunteer.
Welcome New Members
November was the time we welcomed two new members: Elaine Lechanski of Waterford Advisors and Michael Harmer, also of Waterford Advisors.
For October, we have two new members: Elise Murphy of Schroeder, Braxton & Vogt and Daniel Stoll of Stoll Financial Services.
In May, we welcomed Kathy Cheng.
April's new member is Richard Myers.
FPA Member Longevity Milestones
- Peter Grogan, 15 years
- Michael Birenbach, 10 years
- Scott McCarthy, 5 years
- Anthony Baldi, 20 years
- Paul Kieffer, 20 years
- Lisa Pender, 5 years
- Steven Gattuso, 5 years
- Frederick Fadel, 5 years
- Peggy Moran, 5 years
- Richard Minekime, 30 years
To begin enjoying all the benefits of FPA, simply complete the online application at the National FPA website.