Junior Achievement Seeks Volunteers
At our September 17, 2014 lunch program, Justine Januszkiewicz, Education and Public Relations Manager for Junion Achievement of WNY encouraged us to become volunteers for this worthy organization. There are three ways to help:
- Traditional JA Classroom Volunteer - choose a class off the list of programs K-12, flexible schedule of 5-7 lessons, dates set up between volunteer and teacher (traditionally once a week).
- Classroom Volunteer prior to Stock Market Challenge - volunteers are asked to present one, 40 minute lesson sometime in the fall to help student teams prepare for the JA Stock Market Challenge.
- JA Stock Market Challenge event volunteer - be a "trader" on the floor of this live simulation stock market experience - following the training which prepares teams for this event.
Please contact Justine at 716.853.1381, ext 15 or firstname.lastname@example.org. for more information or to volunteer.
Welcome New Members
Our September new member is Ms. Mary Szabat.
Our July new members are Mrs. Lisa M. Pender and Mr. Jason Bird.
Our June new members are Maura Gregg, New England Financial
and Thomas Quealy of Nottingham Advisors.
Our May new members are Debra Ishman and Elizabeth R. Hully, CFP®
Our April members are Eric Kubiak, ChFC of Ameriprise Financial and Thomas O'Malley.
In February, we welcomed Joe Raimond, CFP®, of Raimond Wealth Management.
Our new member in January 2014 is Jeffrey May.
November was the time we welcomed two new members: Elaine Lechanski of Waterford Advisors and Michael Harmer, also of Waterford Advisors.
The Financial Planning Association connects those who need, those who support and those who deliver financial planning.
The mission of the Financial Planning Association of Western New York is to provide the membership with opportunities for networking, continuing education and media exposure; to promote the highest standards of ethics, knowledge and skills in the financial planning profession; and to communicate to the public the value of the financial planning process conducted in accordance with the Financial Planning Association Code of Ethics.
We are 'Calling for Nominations for the FPAWNY Board of Directors'!
Please take a moment to fill out this Nomination Form and send it in.
FPA Member Longevity Milestones
- Victoria D'Angelo, 20 years
- Thomas Huisgen, 20 years
- Donald Tiburzi, 10 years
- Michael Angelucci, 10 years
- Peter Munich, 10 years
- Martin Coulter, 5 years
- Anthony Mancuso, 10 years
- Robert Castiglione, 10 years
- Heidi Silsby, 5 years
- John Miskey, 20 years
- Peter Hafner, 5 years
- Peter Grogan, 15 years
- Michael Birenbach, 10 years
To begin enjoying all the benefits of FPA, simply complete the online application at the National FPA website.